Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Doll Stands

  1. #11
    Inactive Member perndragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2005
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You all disguise the stands so well that I thought that no one used them. I only have one doll so where she is standing, on my dresser she is safe from falls I just did not know they had the ability to stand on their own ahh, another bit of AG knowledge that I am learning from the lovely people in this group thanks a lot!

  2. #12
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by perndragon:
    I just did not know they had the ability to stand on their own ahh, another bit of AG knowledge that I am learning from the lovely people in this group thanks a lot!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Technically, Gotz (the original manufacturer of the AG dolls) calls them "Soft, standing, articulated vinyl playdolls."

    "Soft" distinguishes them from the "hard" dolls that are all vinyl; "standing" distinguishes them from the dolls that cannot stand on their own or are seated; "articulated" distinguishes the dolls from those that do not have hip or shoulder joints; and "playdolls" distinguishes them from "artist dolls" that are primarily intended for collectors. Gotz makes some of all of these categories, mix and match...

    Taffy

  3. #13
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    My Felicity's legs are slightly loose I think- or maybe it's the unlevelness of the house...or both, but she can still stand unaided if I move her the right way... but my mom still bough a cheaper stand forher in case I decide to use it. it's a russ stand.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member perndragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2005
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for all of your comments my Felicity does stand up without her stand and she is only in her socks. I just never tried it before I thought that she would just topple over without a stand.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Grapedy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2004
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All but two of my dolls are on stands. The only place in my room where I can display them is on my dresser, which I shared with my sister. She's a drawer slammer and they're not safe without stands.

    And my poor 12 year old Molly can't stand up without a stand anyway, and neither can Katya.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I always put the stands under their dresses so you can't see them. They stand fine on their own, but I live in an apartment and share walls and often things (not just the girls) fall off shelves, the stands keep that from happening.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •